{Pages}

{   Home  |  About  |  Contact  |  Disclaimer   }

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Favourite March products: The monthly gems

 There are SO many products I have been loving this month. I'm not sure why, (yes I do...I have been buying more than usual and burning out my bank account in terms of beauty products...oops) but there has just been a lot of great stuff. So I've decided to do my monthly favourites a little differently this time around, and split them into categories. First up is skincare:


The first thing I have really enjoyed using this month is the Kleenex facial cleansing wipes. I discovered these a good few months ago over the summer, and they have turned into my go-to face wipe for when I can't be bothered to reach for the bioderma and cotton wool. They are just SO SOFT, much like kleenex tissues. The wipes are also thick and good quality unlike some of the cheaper thin versions you could buy. They have a lovely scent and effectively remove eye make up brilliantly. As they are so cheap as well (I think I paid around the 2.99 mark) they have quickly become the best wipes I have ever used. 

Secondly (and surely this one is a bit of a no-brainer for anyone who has read my blog this month...I have been banging on about it) is the La Roche Posay Effaclar duo. It has been seen on lots of beauty blogs as of late, including some of my favourites. I talked about it in my Skincare post and said how great it was. Since then I have realised it is perhaps not the 'wonder product' I had first thought, but it has definitely helped my skin a whole lot when used as a moisturiser. My skin has been breaking out less and is less shiny, which I think is a result of using this product.

I have also really liked The Sanctuary's 5 minute thermal detox mask (also mentioned in my Skincare post). This is a really great mask for oily-combination skin like my own. It feels so nice and warm when applied to the face and leaves skin feeling fresh and extra-clean.  


For Haircare, I have been loving the Percy and Reed Colour and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, which came free with last month's Glamour magazine. I thought it was a pretty great freebie as Percy and Reed is a salon brand with a fairly steep pricetag. I was so pleasantly surprised with this set, and found it really did do wonders for my hair, making it shinier, smoother and smell AMAZING. I may even have to fork out and re-purchase these (they sell the range on Asos here), but I am seriously cursing myself for not getting my hands on more whilst the magazine was out. 


Next up is makeup and nails, and predictably it is sprinkled with some Mac goodies. I finally purchased their Creme Cup lipstick a few days ago, and as I knew I would, I am in love with it. It is a gorgeous pinky-nudey shade and is a creamsheen formula, which I get on with most. I also (again, finally) bought a Mac 217 brush, which acts as an eyeshadow/blending brush. You really can tell the difference when applying shadow as this blush helps to blend colours like a dream; the result is makeup that looks like it has been applied by a professional. 

Nails wise, I think I have a new life-long favourite in the shape of Models Own Utopia polish. It is such a beautiful clay-pink colour which goes with any outfit for any occasion. I don't especially rate Models own nail paints for long lasting chip-free quality, but the pretty colour is enough to make up for this. Lastly for makeup is Sleek's Life's a peach blusher. It is a neon-y bright peachy colour, which should be used sparingly for gorgeous cheeks. I was a little scared when I first started using this as it is very bright, but it has quickly become one of my favourite blushes and its quality and pigmentation arguably rivals the likes of NARS. Both products were mentioned in my Haul post this month. 


Shamefully, I purchased four new perfumes last month. FOUR. That is really awful admittedly, but I have definitely found some new favourites. I was super surprised when I sniffed Mac's Turquatic perfume a couple of weeks ago and was transported to nose heaven. I hadn't even been aware that Mac was making perfumes, but I am so glad they are as this smells unbelievable and it is very affordable too (a roll on is £15, small bottle £21 and a large bottle £37). I also added to my Jo Malone collection with the Blackberry and Bay cologne (I was given this as a gift). I really really like this perfume; like all Jo Malone scents it has such a unique smell and is fresh and fruity. 


Lastly, Xen-Tan's Morrocan Tan has to get a mention. Let me just point out that I am NOT a fake tan girl; I am super pale and just go with that instead of messing around with orangey gooey substances that usually turn my skin into a streaky nightmare. BUT, I kept hearing about Xen Tan and so ordered a bottle of this from Asos when they had their 25% off student discount. I only ever attempt to tan if I'm going on a night out or for a special occasion, and I used this the other night when I went out with a few friends. It took quite a long time to apply, and I was pretty freaked out at how dark it initially looked, but the colour in the morning was really really nice, and it smells like vanilla and coconuts. My best friend was very interested in buying a bottle after she saw it on during our night, and I'm definitely going to be using this every now and again.  

I hope you enjoyed my (slightly longer than usual) monthly favourites, and please let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products or have any other favourites I should try :)

I'm off to Paris for a few days so won't be blogging until the end of the week (when I will get back to some Outfit posts), but in the mean time I would love it if you could follow me on Bloglovin' (here) and twitter (here) and I will be sure to check your blog out! :)

B. 


16 comments:

  1. I really want to try those facial wipes, but whenever I go to buy them they're sold out x

    http://fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought these in Waitrose, and in Sainsburys before, so trying supermarkets could be a good idea :)

      Delete
  2. the MAC perfume is gorgeous! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Effaclar Duo, helped my skin no end! And I have literally been using that blush for the past week!! xx:)

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Effaclar duo is definitely my favourite too. It did take me a while to get used to it but I love it now x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Sleek blush is such a beautiful colour, I need to get my hands on it! xo

    http://labelsandlipsticks.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nail polish is such a nice colour, and i can't find this sleek brush in any of my local stores :(

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Effaclar Duo but I have to use it in alternative weeks, it dries my skin out a little too much with continual use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean, I guess it depends what skin type you have :) great product though x

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the reccomendations love. Gonna have to try some of these out!
    If you get a second, give me your thoughts on my latest post! I l'd love to hear from you!
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to try creme cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really gorgeous colour and texture you should try it :)

      Delete
  10. I'm always looking for a face mask that works really well and have oily-combination skin too, so will have to give the The Sanctuary one a try :)

    Nyss xx

    missnyssbeautymagpie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love for you to try other French skincare products, seeing how you've already been to Paris before!~
    I've just opened up an online French skincare boutique where I stock many cult favorites and many other products that are harder to purchase outside of France.
    I'd love for you to have a look!~

    www.frenchcares.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog :) I value each and every comment and will get back to you or check out your page. B xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...