{Pages}

{   Home  |  About  |  Contact  |  Disclaimer   }

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Favourite January Products: The Monthly Gems




As we are already half way (nearly) through February…a little late to the party…I know.
 But as I’ve only just started blogging I decided this would be a good start.

Last month served up some real goodies for me. After receiving Christmas treats and a few bob to spend, there was only one thing on my mind. GET ME TO THE BEAUTY COUNTER. What follows is a list of products I have therefore discovered and completely fallen for.


Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in 307 L'impatiente, Barry M Lip Paint in 54. 
Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine. 
Swatches of Barry M, Chanel, and apocalips in Apocaliptic and Nude Eclipse. 


Firstly, I have gone a little lip product mad since Christmas. My brother kindly bought me Chanel’s Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 307 ‘L’impatiente’ from their Christmas range. It is a beautiful dark purple colour (I STILL haven’t gotten over last seasons goth-themed trend) and has a matte finish, perfect for night-time glamour. Next up is Barry M’s lip paint in 54: a vibrant creamy orange colour which would suit any skin tone. Korres Jasmine Lip Butter has also been on my radar, giving my lips a smooth feel and pretty nude sheen. Lastly, I’ve been loving Rimmel ‘Apocalips’ (I picked them up in apocaliptic and nude eclipse). I know everyone has been raving about these beauties, and I can honestly say they are a PERFECT substitute for the YSL glossy stains. I wore the hot pink colour (apocaliptic) on a night out recently, and it stayed on ALL night and didn’t feel overly sticky at all.


Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint in Blueberry. 
NARS blush in Deep Throat. 

Another couple of make-up bits I’ve been loving include Barry M’s Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint. I purchased the colour ‘Blueberry’, and it is fair to say I have been impressed! I am a bit of a nail polish snob and so I was pleasantly surprised how good Barry M’s polishes actually were. The gelly formula gives a shiny, glossy finish to the nail, and lasts around an impressive 5 days chip free. I am also really liking NARS’ ‘Deep throat’ blush. It is so SO pretty pink on the cheeks, and I have just always been in love with the minimalistic packaging.


Clarins Super Restorative Replenishing Comfort Mask. 
Bumble and Bumble BB Sunday Shampoo. 
Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Soap. 

 Lastly, some face and body products. A product I’ve been raving about to anyone who will listen is Bumble and Bumble’s ‘BB Sunday Shampoo’…makes my hair just amazing. It’s a clarifying shampoo, so it’s best to avoid using it more than once or twice a week (perhaps alternating with your usual shampoo), ESPECIALLY if you have coloured hair. And now that bumble and bumble is available in boots, it is a hell of a lot easier to get your hands on the stuff, hurrah! Clarins' ‘Super Restorative Replenishing Comfort Mask’ has also caught my attention. As a huge fan of face masks, I am very picky when it comes to what I use on my face. But this mask smooths on easily, doesn’t dry uncomfortably and smells pretty nice too. Go try it! And finally, Jo Malone’s Pomegranate Noir soap has been a favourite. The smell is just divine, admittedly it is an acquired scent, but if you like it you will grow to LOVE it. Also lasts a really, really long time, and the ladies at the Jo Malone stand will package it beautifully for you.

Thanks for reading!

B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog :) I value each and every comment and will get back to you or check out your page. B xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...